Pursuing higher education is an admirable goal, and we at Kemba want to help you achieve it. With rising tuition rates, an affordable student loan is your way to hit the books — without hitting a financial wall.
We offer competitive rates and flexible repayment terms, along with in-school deferment options. So the only thing you need to focus on during those four years is your education.
- Competitive interest rates
- Can be used for college tuition and other education-related expenses
- Flexible repayment and in-school deferment options
- Easy online application
- A loan from a local, not-for-profit lender that you can trust for years to come
There's so much to do to prepare for college before you even step foot on campus. Let Kemba help! Visit our Student Choice website to learn more about financial aid, loan options, loan payments, and more.
Get the education you need.
Student loans can be a complicated topic. With questions like:
- How much do you need?
- Can you get the assistance you need from the government?
- Do you need to contact a bank to cover your lending needs?
The list goes on and on. Fortunately for you Kemba Credit Union has got you covered. Whether you are just getting started or know exactly what your loan needs are, we can help guide you through this complex and sometimes difficult process.
Student Loans At-a-Glance:
Student lending can be broken down into two categories:
- Federal Student Loans: Federal Student Loans are by far the largest source of financial aid available to college students. Offered by the federal government, these low-interest loans are for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education at a four-year college or university, community college, or trade career or technical schools. If you are interested in obtaining a Federal Student Loan, contact your higher education institution or your school counselor.
- Alternative Student Loans: Private student loans are meant to fill the gap in financial aid that is left between the Cost of Attendance (COA) and the Federal loans/aid you've received. Private loans are not offered through the federal government, so it's important to look for a loan program from an institution you trust, like your Kemba Credit Union's Student Choice solutions. These loans are in the name of the student but often require a co-signer. They are not guaranteed or subsidized by the government. Instead, they are based on the credit score of the student and/or the credit score of any co-signer they have on the loan.
To find out more information visit kembacu.studentchoice.org to get the answers to all your student lending questions.