Make deposits anytime, anywhere from your mobile device!
- Deposit checks anytime, anywhere from your mobile phone
- Free service for members with a Kemba checking account*
- Save time, avoid unnecessary trips to a branch
- Deposit your check in just a few quick clicks:
- Log in to the Kemba mobile app and click on "Mobile Deposit"
- Follow the pop-up instructions to sign the back of the check
- Choose your account to deposit into (the accounts in the drop down list are your available accounts)
- Enter the check amount
- Take a picture of the front and back of the check
- Review your deposit and tap the “Submit” button to deposit the check
Mobile Banking FAQs
1. What is mobile banking?
Mobile banking allows you to access your accounts from the convenience of a smartphone or tablet. It's not a full replacement for online banking, but it does allow you to perform most of the common tasks associated with online banking.
2. What types of mobile banking does Kemba offer?
There are two ways to access mobile banking:
- Mobile website - mobile.kemba.com
Our mobile website, mobile.kemba.com, allows you to access your accounts using just about any cell phone that can access the internet. If you go to kemba.com from a mobile device, you will automatically be redirected to the mobile version of our website.
Apps are available for iOS and Android devices. Just go to the App Store or Google Play to download the blue Kemba app with the lion.
3. Is mobile banking secure?
Absolutely. Mobile banking uses full 128-bit encryption, with end-to-end SSL. It uses the same username and password as online banking, and we also use multi-factor authentication (MFA).
4. Is there a fee to use mobile banking?
Mobile banking is free. However, data rates from carriers may apply.
5. Can I use mobile banking without first signing up for online banking?
No. You must be signed up for online banking with a username and password before you can use mobile banking. It's also important that you have a valid email address on file for security verification.
6. What happens if I get locked out of Mobile Banking?
You must call Kemba's Member Services at 513.762.5070 to have your password reset. Once your password is reset, you must first create a new password through Kemba's online banking via your personal computer. For security reasons, you may not create your new password on mobile banking. Once you've created your new password, you may use your username and new password to immediately login to mobile banking.
7. Which features does mobile banking include?
Mobile banking includes the following features:
- Account Summary
- View Transaction History
- Transfer Funds
- Pay Bills
- Mobile Deposit (see Mobile Deposit FAQs for more info)
- Apply for a Loan
- View Spending Graphs
- Locate an ATM or Branch
Mobile Deposit FAQs
1. Who is eligible to use Mobile Deposit?
Kemba members with accounts in good standing are eligible for Mobile Deposit. Accounts that are not eligible may request to have their accounts reviewed for Mobile Deposit by calling Kemba's Member Services at 513.762.5070.
2. Will Mobile Deposit work on all smart phones? iPads?
Mobile Deposit works on all Android devices with a camera, all iPhones, and iPads model 3 and newer (iPad 2's are not supported).
3. What types of checks are acceptable for Mobile Deposit?
Standardized checks that are payable to the primary or joint member are acceptable, no money orders.
4. How soon do the funds become available? Will I be able to see funds on my phone immediately?
The daily limits are $2,000, allowing the first $200 to be available immediately. The rest of the check is placed on a 2 business day hold. Longer holds may be placed if deemed necessary.
5. What should I do with the check after successfully depositing it using Mobile Deposit?
Keep the "successfully deposited check" for 30 days to make sure that you have received full credit. After 30 days the check should be securely destroyed.
6. What should I do if the check is not successfully deposited using Mobile Deposit?
If the back of the check has been endorsed with "For Kemba Mobile Deposit" and it is signed, but the Mobile Deposit was unsuccessful, the check can be brought in to a branch for deposit. Approval will be required to verify that the check has not been previously deposited.
7. Will I be able to see an image of the check deposited?
Yes, you can access history on the Mobile Deposit tab and see the date, time of the deposit, the dollar amount, status and an image of front and back of the check with a Kemba cancellation stamp.
Card lost or stolen? See a suspicious card transaction? Freeze it! Mobile Banking users can now block or unblock their Kemba debit and credit cards. Just log into the mobile app, click the menu icon and then click on Card Controls. A 'freeze' will block all future transactions from getting an approval including any prearranged recurring charges you may have requested a merchant or biller to make. The transactions will be denied as long as this freeze is in place. Card Controls on the Mobile app will also allow members to mark a card as lost and reorder and tell us their travel plans
Please contact us at 800.825.3622 during normal business hours to dispute charges.